[PD] patch creation optimization <was> Re: [PD-announce] k_cext V0.2.4

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Fri Jul 11 21:06:56 CEST 2003

nicolas.sevaux at tremplin-utc.net wrote:
> hello,
>
> in fact I don't really understand cos there's somethings not clear in my mind.
> I was told by a friend, experimented user of Max/msp that when you create a
> patch, there are some 'hidden' rules :

as you have pointed out, your friend is an "experimented user of Max/msp".
in pd things are similar to max, but nevertheless different.
the placement of objects does not mean anything with respect to
execution order.
the only rule, and it is not "hidden", is, that behaviour (time of
execution) is undefined when multiple cords are connected to one outlet.
the only time, the placement of object has a meaning, is when creating
[inlet]s and [outlet]s.

the rest has been answered by pix.

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes