[PD] GEM and transparency

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jul 18 15:42:09 CEST 2003

Zitiere bbogart at ryerson.ca:

> Hey Martin,
>
> your problem is render-order not transparency. transparency only works
true

> Gemheads with smaller numbers get rendered first (0-1-2-3-4 etc..) and
> the same goes for separators,
hey, this is news to me.
i cannot think of any way how to achieve this (from the programmer's side, of
course), without getting a *lot* of timing problems.
if you really need a specific rendering order with several separators, you'll
have to do what you have to do in pd to acchieve a certain order of message-
execution (basically Gem is message based): use "trigger"

sketch:

[gemlist(

[t    a    a]
[gemlist2(  [gemlist1(

> I've attached a demo example to make things more clear

i'll have a look at this.
however, i will *strongly* recommend to not rely on a feature like the ordering
of several gem-sublists by giving an argument to [separator].
it will be really confusing to ignore pd's way of handling such problem.

mfg.as.r
IOhannes