[PD] pix_buf & pix_snap

lists at martinmalm.com lists at martinmalm.com
Thu Jul 24 03:52:24 CEST 2003

Hi !

Is there some way to get a 'snapshot' from a videosource (pix_video or
pix_film) without using pix_snap ? This does't seem to work with pix_buf
since its "only effective if it is storing a static image".

Basicly what I'm trying to do is take a freeze frame of a video stream, do
some processing to it, apply an alpha mask and composite it as a freeze
over the continued original stream.

I guess I could do this with pix_snap, but then the problem seems to be
that the size of the gemwin often differs a lot from the size of the video
source wich doesn't work in pix_composite.

Any suggestions ?

cheers /

Martin M