[PD] [PD]Audio IN??? ADC~

Bradon Webb bradonwebb at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 24 23:44:04 CEST 2003

I am having a couple problems using PD's adc~ and
configuring my soundcard.  Using my soundcard which is
a basic 2 channel in 2 channel out ess maestro that
cam with my laptop, I can ether select mic or line.

1.  If I select the line in on the soundcard,  I can
process the audio fine in PD and send it to the dac~,
however  a huge drawback is that the incoming sound is
also automatically looped to the output of my
soundcard unaltered.  so I get a mixture of what I
have processed in PD and what is the dry signal
comming in.

2.  If I select the mic in on the soundcard then I
will sometimes get a really choppy stuttering input.
It sometimes works, but then it seems like the audio
crashes and it cannot import audio anymore, and the
only way to fix it is to restart PD.

can anyone tell me if there is a real time audio input
setting that I want to be using with PD or if there is
something that I am missing?????  I am on a winxp

thanks
 Bradon~