[PD] GUI idea and some other thoughts

J. Scott Hildebrand jshildebrand at ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 6 00:09:43 CEST 2003

i understand that it's not the point, to get a final product like cubase.
what is missing though (as far as i know), is a good way to do
audio/MIDI/video recording and editing, all the while connecting it up to
other parts of your patch. in this way you can sync events with a musical
composition or whatever you want to do. it just adds more stuff that you
can do. i'm not saying that i'd like a logic copy running under pd,
because that's not what i want.

scott

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Josh Steiner wrote:

> >And if you really wanted to have something
> >that was Cubase or Nuendo, why not just buy that? It is out there and it
> >will most likely have a lot less bugs than anything I would write in PD that
> >tried to emulate it.
> >

> check out ardour, its an amazing free application, its getting to the
> point where its competitive with the big guys:
>
> http://ardour.sf.net
>
> trying to turn pd into cubase is kind of a dead end and misses the point
> of pd really.  i mean, you should be able to do anything you'd want to
> within pd, but it will always be utterly different in work flow and
> general character than dedicated sequencers.
>
> --

	"640K ought to be enough for anybody." -- Bill Gates, 1981