[PD] (no subject)

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Thu Aug 7 05:30:21 CEST 2003

>hi list,
>some questions:
>
>where's the information on cvs checkout?

the sourceforge page has all the info about how to get the projects.

>are there pbprojects for pd and gem, or other favored compilers?

GEM has a pbproject, i don't know of one for pd.

>does pd and/or gem run better on linux then osx ( i have only macs,
>but want a dedicated comp
>for video). are there any other packages for video running on g4
>(osx or linux).

i'd have to say GEM runs best on OSX, but I'm pretty biased at this
point.  Jamie and I have put a hell of a lot of time and effort into
making it run well on OSX.  since you mention the g4, i'll tell you
that altivec makes a huge difference, and we've packed a good amount
of it into GEM.  on most any recent g4 mac you can easily play,
capture and manipulate DV at either PAL or NTSC rates.

if you want to check out a binary version of GEM for your G4 point
your browser to:
http://taproot.dyndns.org/~cgc/downloads/index.html

oh and those of you with a G5 on order don't worry, I haven't
forgotten about you - there will be a version of GEM optimized for
the PPC 970 by the time you get your delivered. ;)

cgc