[PD] Re: MIDI input parsing problem with 0.36-devel?

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Fri Sep 19 04:48:57 CEST 2003

On Thursday 18 September 2003 22:09, Larry Troxler wrote:
> Was there a known problem with the MIDI input parser in the 0.36-devel CVS
> version?

Yes, sys_dispatchnextmidii seems very suspect to me, although it's a bit hard
to read because for some bizarre reason the file I got from CVS uses both
hard tabs and spaces combined to do indentation - I am not kidding - the file
actually has 0x09's in it - why??? - do I need to give some flag to CVS to
avoid this?

Anyhow, from what I could read of it, it looks like it's missing any special
handling for song position pointer. It seems to go to the switch statement
for any byte from 0x80 and 0xf8, but the only cases are for channel status
bytes and there is no definition at all for song position pointer (0xf2).

Apologies in advance it this has been fixed for 0.37.

Larry