[PD] Audio clip database

ben at ekran.org ben at ekran.org
Tue Oct 7 04:54:05 CEST 2003

Hey all,

I'll be soon starting a project that will use a large database of audio
clips (potencially days worth or more). I would like to use PD to
impliment the system and wanted to know if anyone has done similar
projects.

There is going to be a physical installation where people can record
audio. This audio will then get transferred (via ftp script driven from
PD?) to a central server. Another PD session (running on/near the
server) will read these clips from the database and stream them to the
PD session running in the physical installation.

There may be multiple physical installations, all getting the same audio
stream from the server.

Is there any elegant way to transfer the audio recordings directly from
PD to the server? I think streaming it would be too complicated, since
there would need to be multiple clients sending audio to the server at
different times.

There also may be a web component. Is it possible to stream audio from a
flash client to the PD server? (or connect the flash Com server with PD?)

Anyone any experiences and suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Ben