[PD] 0.37 and linux/jack ("official" and CVS)

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Oct 8 05:58:38 CEST 2003

> > >I am going to check whats going on and commit the changes ASAP.
> > >
> > >Thanks a lot for your observations.
>

> > I was able to reproduce this, but found out that if the audio is not turned
> > on as soon as the patch loads, there is no problem. I think what is
> > happening is the loadbang is being executed before the GUI is fully drawn.
> > Since JACK is of a real-time nature, the JACK client is created, but since
> > the GUI is also not fully drawn, PD has taken too long in the JACK period
> > cycle.
> >
> > I.E the loadbang execution needs to happen after the GUI is drawn.
> >
> > Hope this helps
>
> I have updated CVS devel_0_37 branch and I hope that I was able to get rid
> of some of the problems with jack that were introduced by the "Media"
> menu.

Thanks Guenter, it builds fine now. The problem with the sampling rate
changing when using jack at 48KHz and turning audio processing on and
off is still there, but well, you can specify -r 48000 in the command
line and it will stay at the correct frequency.

Are all changes from the "official" 0.37 version merged in into cvs?
-- Fernando