[PD] max -> pd jitter -> gem etc.

doktorp doktorp at mac.com
Mon Oct 20 02:18:28 CEST 2003

Hi

a very newb-ish question regarding the built in functionality of PD and
Gem with regards to Max/Jitter.

Im trying to port some of my jitter patches to Gem, and found myself
asking:

is there an object in PD (or an external), that is the equivalent of
matrix?

is there a good list of the major externals, and their essential
aspects anywhere?

or a max->pd guide?

essentially I want to be able to make a sort of video patch bay and be
able to shoot video to subpatches and route them around as needed, (ie
pix_filmYUV to some abstracted router, to say, yuv_adjust etc etc.
however I dont want anything hard coded/patched so to speak.

The matrixctrl/matrix is essentially what I would love to have.

id be more than happy to send my max patch out so someone can decypher
what it is I mean =).

also, is there any planned native PD for OS X editor in the work? Im
enjoying being able to use paradiddle for make a nice front end for my
patch, but id love to have something that looks as good (well, better
than), max. sorry if saying that is a faux pas, but tcl/tk isnt exactly
the best on OS X.

thanks for any input.

PD really shines. Gem and PD run faster and smoother on OS X that most
(if not all) similar video tools. I cant wait to see where everything
goes.

-dok