[PD] sverel questions/on several platforms

plessas at sbox.tugraz.at plessas at sbox.tugraz.at
Wed Nov 5 12:06:23 CET 2003

hey list!

i have some questions, if anyone can point me into some direction, thank you
very much!

1./
does the -rt flag in OSX make sense?

2./
with Iemlib on OSX i'm missing the following objects/externs:
iem_anything_kernel
pre_inlet
iem_receive_kernel
prepend_asci
iem_send_kernel
clip3
LFO_tabosc2~
merge_anything_kernel
iiroute
vcf_filter~
icot~

aren't they included in Thomas' OSX port?

3./
trying to get pdp running under Apple's X11 in OSX.
afaik, i have to use the openGL output object, since there is no v4l on the mac
obviously. but when i start pd (from X11's console) and try to open an output
window, pd crashes immediately. i have all the necessary libs for pdp from
fink.
did anyone have success so far?

4./
there was one simple trick how to make a triangle waveform using phasor~ and
some abs~ object, but i can't really figure it out. I'd say:

phasor~

abs~

-~ 0.5

*~ 2

but that's not a triangle wave.

5./
is there a mouse object in pd (not in Gem!) wich reports X,Y, click values of
the mouse?

thanks to everyone!

Peter P.