[PD] Pd in white on black and OSC

tzahm at punkass.com tzahm at punkass.com
Wed Nov 19 14:23:10 CET 2003

> there's a lot going on over on the csound list about OSC and csound. i
> think pd is the only thing that can recieve it now.

As far as I know, you can also use OSC in Supercollider.

My 2 cents on PD's gui: I agree that the present gui is minimalistic,
but that should maybe be seen as a plus. I would give priority to pd
evolving into a full-featured audio/graphics/video processing
environment, rather that striving to look cool. Tcl/tl is very portable
and feels responsive enough to me even on my old laptop (Pentium 133)
which is not really the best system for realtime audio. I cannot say
the same about wxWindows. On the other hand, I would welcome basic
preference options for things like background and font colors. On OS X,
I tend to work with pd with my display set to black and white and my
gamma reversed (this basically gives me a white-on-black look and
reduces the eye-strain due to the monitor's light beam). You can get
access to that via the Universal Access preference pane or by using the
shortcut CTRL-ALT-APPLE-8  and setting your display to 256 colors.