[PD] my_canvas labels changing their values... bug bug bug

David NG McCallum d at mentalfloss.ca
Mon Dec 15 21:01:27 CET 2003

Dear all,

I have a few abstractions where I have my_canvases whose labels are
arguments of the abstraction. So they would be $3 or $9 or
whatever. I'm finding that sometimes these label values change.

I saved the abstraction several times and watched an $11 (the argument
was 9) turn into $109, and then $100.

And a $12 (the argument was 10) turned into $1110 and then $110.

But the arguments only changed that second time after I reloaded the
abstraction, and the canvases were then showing 0 (because there was no
109th or 1110th argument). And then they changed to their final weird
arrangements.

Is my_canvas doing some weird combination of the argument, the $ ID, and
the label in the canvas when it's saving its parameters?

I think someone mentioned something like this earlier with sliders.

Anyway, kind of annoying, kind of weird. Kind of spooky; too late for
hallowe'en.

Cheers,
David
--