[PD] [ot] missing libraries

sara kolster sara at x-i.net
Sat Dec 27 15:30:41 CET 2003

Hi,

I can't really tell what you're problems exactly are, but on the Lesstif
faq-page
--> http://www.lesstif.org/FAQ.html#QU2.7
there is something mentioned about the problems of recognizing the X11R5
or R6 libraries.

Another way is to configure lesstif with a flag. This is information i
found on:

--> http://www.lesstif.org/INSTALL.html#Building

Getting configure to find everything configure identifies a large number
of aspects of your computer system, it checks for all those
prerequisites <http://www.lesstif.org/INSTALL.html#Prerequisites> listed
above.
Two things that configure looks for on your machine are:

    * X11 headers and libraries
    * Motif® headers and libraries (optional)

Now many people who have Motif® on their system don't use LessTif. Hmm.
Wonder why that is. Anyway, it wouldn't make much sense if you needed
Motif® in order to build LessTif. The good news is: you don't need it.
The only reason why you can tell configure where to find Motif® is so it
can configure the Makefiles under test/ to be capable of building
LessTif as well as Motif® tests.

configure will tell you where it has found them if it found them. If it
didn't find X, you'll have to specify the path on configure's command
line. Use these two options:

--x-includes
--x-libraries

And to specify the Motif® stuff, use these:

--with-motif-includes
--with-motif-libraries

To specify the location of the various bits, you have to set these flags
equal to something. An example on how to do this is:

configure --x-includes=/usr/local/X11R6/include

The other flags behave identically.

Maybe this will help you further.

Sara