[PD] Anyone working with JackTools on OSX?

Sean Costello seancostello2003 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 20:40:11 CET 2004

Hi all:

Just downloaded JackTools from http://www.jackosx.com. Seems pretty cool so
far. I tried getting PD 0.37 working, but I was unable to get Jack to work
with the Core Audio interface of PD (apparently this is an error with the
Core Audio layer).

Is there built in Jack support in PD 0.37 for OSX? I am using a version of
PD that installs from a nice package; would things work better if I built
from source?

Also, I forget who is maintaining the PD installer for OSX, but if Jack
support can be turned on in the build for this installer, that would be
super neat. Supercollider 3 has built in Jack support, and seems to work
well with several applications (although I am finding some bugs).

Thanks,

Sean Costello

P.S. It seems like the combination of Apple's new program, Garage Band, in
combination with JackTools and PD, could be a very powerful multitracking
music environment for very little cash.