[PD] earning a living coding Pd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jan 30 22:34:30 CET 2004

On Friday, Jan 30, 2004, at 10:45 America/New_York, delire wrote:

> On Thursday 29 January 2004 22:40, Hans-Christoph Steiner said:
>  ::  On Thursday, Jan 29, 2004, at 16:30 America/New_York, derek holzer
>
>  As
>  ::  the market for media art and the like grows, I think this will
> only
>  ::  become more and more feasible.
>  ::
>  ::  .hc
>  ::
>

> Your search - "market for media art" - did not match any documents.
>
> Suggestions:
>
>     - Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
>     - Try different keywords.
>     - Try more general keywords.
>
> de/

Its not a market in the gallery/store sense so much, but I was just
working at the Lille2004 festival and there was millions of Euros being
spent on media art.  The whole festival budget is something like 100
million Euros.  Some of the individual art groups had budgets well over
100,000 Euros.  I think Graz03 spent more last year.  That's where the
market mostly is, grants, commissions, and festivals.

____

deliberately throwing it away
to benefit those who profit from scarcity."
							-John Gilmore