[PD] pack and messages with respect to route

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Thu Feb 12 18:25:19 CET 2004

I just wanted to either ask about what Im doing wrong, or point out a discrepency in PD.
the [$1 $2< object behaves differently then [pack 0 0] with respect to [route s s]

If I connect the pack to the route (in my case, pack looks like [pack s 0 0 0]) then route does not route my signal, where as if I connect my pack to a message [$1 $2 $3 $4< then route works fine. Whats up with that?

Also, could anyone describe the format of the real output of FFT, so I can start to write an external to latch onto specific bins (not just the loud ones, such as with fiddle~)

Thanks!
-thewade