[PD] [PD][OT]M-Audio FireWire 410?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Feb 16 22:32:56 CET 2004

Hallo,
Matthew Yee-King hat gesagt: // Matthew Yee-King wrote:

> hey frank
>
> hows it going old LAU bloke?

I see, Yee-King is in da house. Word up!

> i see you're pretty active on this list... what sound card did you end
> up with?

Well, none yet. At first I decided on the Terratec Phase 26 USB, which
is a really nice box and worked well, but testing it on my laptop
showed, that my notebook couldn't keep up power-wise: instant reboot
when inserting the USB cable. It worked while powered with the
external power supply, though.

Now I guess I will get the Terratec Aureon 5.1 USB, which is more on
the low end as far as multichannel cards go, but it worked flawlessly
and instantly on both my computers. It's the same as the Audiotrak
Maya 5.1 USB and I think a device by ESI. I'm a bit fed up with cards
that require a lot of fiddling to get them to work. The current
Quattro desaster remembered me, that the Quattro was not reliable in
all the year I own it now.  So it's time to stop configuring and start
DJing.  ;)

ciao