[PD] strings and negative numbers ia OSC

enrike enrike at altern.org
Sat Feb 21 17:05:29 CET 2004

oh! not in my version of OSC external
this is weird I checked yesterday and the version on the website is the
same as mine as far as i can see.
My osc external is version 0.01-w32, compiled Apr 18 2002
and PD is 0.37.0

> First: You can of course use more than one OSCroute object in a patch.
> The last outlet of OSCroute passes on messages, that don't match. Just
> connect another OSCroute there:
>
> [OSCroute /spin /vol ...]
>                         [OSCroute /file /help]

> I would say, that a filename and a frequency value are very different
> things, and thus you should not use the same OSC selector for both. It
> feels wrong. A better approach IMO would be, to use the hierarchies
> possible in OSC like "/spin/freq 60" and "/spin/filename theFile.wav".
>
> See attached patch for example implenetations of both ideas.

Sure. I just sent the whole thing in one go because I didnt notice this
possibility to extend the OSCroute object. I am going to try to get a
new version
thanks!!

--
enrike ::