[PD] problem with [ignore]

Anton Woldhek woldhek at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 25 15:59:12 CET 2004

Hi Thomas,

> i don't know if it's related to your problem, but i was having troubles
with
> stack overflows as well.
> You should probably try if that cvs version works for you as well.

Actually I think my stack overflow is pretty legit, there is an intentional
loop in my patch. Basically i have a process which involves 3 different
models, of which 2 have mutiple instances. (8 eachto be exact) These need to
check how many of their brothers and sisters are "alive" and how many of the
other models are alive *and* if they themselves are currently alive.
So this introduces a feedback loop, whcih should be solveable (in my
understanding with a combined use of ignore and change. (If only change is
used when one model decides to be alive, some other model might decide at
roughly the same time, then they both decide again that it was a mistake and
instantly die again, etc. etc.) Ive allread partly solved this by letting
each model check their current state only at a random time (for each model).
However that doesnt solve it completly.
In order for it to work, a change in status must be stabil for something
like 10 ms before it is passed on to the model itself *and* the other
models.

If this is very confusing i could attach or upload the whole patch
somewhere.

Cheers
Anton
ps I dont remember from which library the ignore object was unfortunatly