[PD] Niagara question

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 8 18:27:39 CET 2004

Jorge Cardoso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question concerning the [niagara] object (please see attach).
>
> The question is why doesn't the second [route] match the 'r'? And what should
> I do to make it match it?
>
> It seems strange because if I change the number '2' in the message to anything
> that is not a number it works as I would expect it...

hi.
the problem is about "list"s and "anything"s.

the output on the second outlet of [niagara] is "list r 3 b 4" (and not
"r 3 b 4").
now "route" will route messages according to their selector (in this
case "list").

why does [niagara] output a "list" ?
if you send a "list" into [niagara] it will output a "list".
if you send "anything" (an undefined selector) to [niagara] it will
(basically) output anythings (add some confusion: which might(!) be
lists...)

the simplest solution for you, would be to make sure, that you get rid
of the "list" selector, by connecting the second outlet of [niagara] to
a [route list] and then connecting both outlets of this to [route r]

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes