[PD] uPDated gets Impd (OSX)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Mar 16 17:19:59 CET 2004

On Tuesday, Mar 16, 2004, at 11:12 America/New_York, Sam Roig wrote:

>> I think that ~/Library/Pd and /Library/Pd would serve that purpose
>> well.  Then when the next 'official' release come out, you can replace
>> /Applications/Pd.app with the one you download, and your own binaries
>> will still be in ~/Library/Pd.
>
> Why not create a PD folder in ~/Library/Application Support/ and
> /Library/Application Support/ ? If I am not wrong, that's the folder
> that Apple provides for third-party applications to put their
> resource/support files into.

I haven't read the Apple docs about this yet, but I plan on it.  But
there are two reasons not to use "Application Support".

1) its looong!
2) abstractions currently can not be loaded from a path that has a
space in it.

But Apple might have some compelling reasons to use it, and eventually,
abstractions will be able to be loaded from paths with spaces.