[PD] Help move from .deb to cvs

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Tue Apr 13 05:34:32 CEST 2004

I've been running PD mostly under Windows, but recently made the move to Linux and I've been itching to use PD
there. So I installed PD using the .deb s (running Debian sarge). However, my itch for control, compilation,
code, externals and fancy new whatnots can't seem to be satisfied except by grabbing the cvs sources and
compiling them myself. But here's the catch, I've never used cvs. I looked at the cvs homepage, but all the
information I found seemed to pertain to using it for local projects, and starting them from scratch. Can
anyone point me to a good tutorial for using cvs? Then, once I've got cvs figured out, are there any tips for
using cvs for pd? At this point I won't be contributing, but I'd like to look at the source with the eventual
aim of contributing here and there.

Thanks,
Ian