[PD] random seed

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Sun Apr 18 01:51:13 CEST 2004

David,

David Sabine wrote:

> To avoid this behaviour, it's best to NOT give a seed at all.  Or to provide
> a seed that is always different (like the operating system's clock time).

Precisely my first two attempts! I gave a seed from [shell] which gave
current time, or none at all. The progression seemed pretty much the
same no matter what.

Like I said, I remember it worked different on windoze, so I wonder if
it has anything to do with PD's access to the random number pool in
Linux. I guess that's one for Miller or Guenter to puzzel over ;-)

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 130: