[PD] installing two Pd & .deb to .tar.gz

chun lee leechun at leechun.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 12:24:19 CEST 2004

thanks for your reply, here is what i have tried.

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 16:08, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> chun lee wrote:
> > hi there:
> >
> > just another quick questions;)
> >
> > 1. how can i install 2 pd on in Linux? for example, having both pd and
> > pd-extended.
>
> just put them into 2 separate paths and call the instance apropriately.
> deb/rpm-packages tend to install files into /usr/bin /usr/lib ...
> when compiling software yourself it is good use to install applications
> into /usr/local/bin /usr/local/lib ...

thanks, i will try this.

> > 2. i have redhat fedora, and is there a way to convert the .deb file
> > into .tar.gz?
> dpkg -x maddebfile_0.1-1_i386.deb .
> the files are in the data.tar.gz file

i have just downloaded dpkg and tried to make and install it. however, i
got stuck at 'make install '. not sure what happened, got quite a bit of
error messages from it. if you could help me to figure it out, i will
include the errors in the next reply

> mfg.as.dr
> IOhannes

many thanks