[PD] Need help installing Gem in OSX

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Apr 21 22:41:27 CEST 2004

Zitiere Eduardo Melendez <x_edumel at yahoo.com.mx>:

>  Hi, I´ve tried some ways to get to run Gem in Osx,
> I hope you can help me. I think the problem is that
> it´s not compilled. The file Darwin is allready in the
> Extras(I tried also Externals) folder, but running a
> Gem tutorial, Gem objects are not recognized. Thanks. Lalo.

start pd with the "-lib Gem" flag or create an object [Gem] so that the library
is loaded.
in the latter case, don't worry about a "couldn'nt create Gem: no such object";
the important lines are like "GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia".

just putting the Gem.pd_darwin somewhere is not enough.

mfg.a.dsr
IOhannes