[PD] WAV format

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 30 02:25:55 CEST 2004

A hexdump would be a way to see the actual bytes, but I think you would want
to see sample frame values. That would mean reading the header of the WAV
file and based on the number of channels and the sample type printing a
listing of human readable decimal numbers.
One way to do this in pd, is to write the sound to a table with soundfiler I
think, and then reading the table and printing it out to the console or
putting it in a textfile object and saving that.  The table has to be big
enough, but if you really want to see the sample values, you are probably not
dealing with minutes of sound.

Gerard

electronic & acoustic musics-- http://www.xs4all.nl/~gml