[PD] is there also a [symbol2list]?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon May 10 14:20:31 CEST 2004

Roman Haefeli wrote:
> hi
>
> there is the [list2symbol]-object from zexy. with this object it is possible
> to create symbols with SPACES (very special!!!)
> I'm looking for a possibility to reseparate such a symbol with space, so

well, i'd suggest using [symbol2list] from zexy. it has a settable
delimiter (which defaults to SPACE)

> or in general:
> how to send lists of various length over [netclient]/[netserver]?

well, it should be very simple.
just prepend "send" to your list of variable length (there are thousands
of libraries/externals offering this functionality, e.g: [glue] from
zexy, or [prepend] from iemlib)

e.g: [send 1 2 3( (on the client-side) will send a list "1 2 3" to the
server, while [send list of a lot of symbols" will send "list of a lot
of symbols"

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes