[PD] Re: [PD-announce] mole - a forth for pd

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 17 22:42:14 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Josh Steiner hat gesagt: // Josh Steiner wrote:

> as im totally ignorant about forth, it means little to me, but judging
> from everyones tone this is something quite cool, so my interest is
> piqued.  anyone care to explain *why*?  :)   is this just a cool
> language that can now be embeded into pd patches?

I should answer as I also didn't know Forth until this morning.  I had
read a bit about it here and there, though. It looks like a very
simple language according to what I read so far, which is some
tutorial info linked from http://www.forth.org and the gforth
tutorial. Feels like a mix of assembler, old calculators and Lisp
without parens.  Simple, clear and consise, like Go.

With mole, it is a language that can be embeded into pd patches. It
even is a kind of compiler embeded in Pd.

Ciao