[PD] How to detect Pd console errors and DSP state?

Lex Ein lex_ein at f-m.fm
Thu Jun 3 20:03:56 CEST 2004

Can Pd detect its own console output errors?  If so, how?
Can Pd detect its own DSP state (on/off)?  If so, how?

After about 2 hours of operation, I'm getting an "audio stuck" message;
a fix is to stop and start DSP.

I'd like to DETECT the "audio stuck" condition, and only then issue
DSP stop/start.

Dual 1GHz Xeon, Win2K fully updated, Pd 0.37.1

Of course, ultimately, I'd like the "audio stuck" messages to go away.
I'm stuck with mmio drivers - asio doesn't start.  No big, I guess.