[PD] Pd on Mac OS X

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jun 8 00:23:21 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Pedro Carneiro hat gesagt: // Pedro Carneiro wrote:

> Re: Great, many thanks. I am a percussionist and composer ( further
> info on my website at http://www.pedrocarneiro.com ) and I am
> thinking of developing a long piece for solo Bb clarinet and live
> electronics. The thing is that I am extremely keen on open source

Then you might also consider using Linux later, but take your time.
OS-X, although based on an open source system, is not open source
itself, as you know - you maybe already paid for some of those OS
upgrades Apple sells. I really don't want to start a discussion on
operating systems here, but if open-sourceness is important to you (it
is to me) then OS-X is a dead end street operating-system-wise.

Ciao