[PD] String editing

Thomas Sivertsen thomas at bek.no
Mon Jun 28 17:52:57 CEST 2004

Hello list,

I was wondering if there is a possibility in PD to parse a message like
"symbol /home/thomas/qt/regnbueromskip.mov" and then remove the "symbol"
within that string? It's a simple string. I need to prepend a read
message to the specific file to read it into pdp_qt from Yves Degoyons
playlist object. For some reason it doesn't send a message, but a
message with a symbol identifier in front. prepending it doesn't work.

Something like:

[symbol /home/thomas/qt/regnbueromskip.mov]   <-- messagebox

[remove the symbol and space]		<-- ???? object

[prepend read /home/thomas/qt/regnbueromskip.mov] <-- prepend object

Any examples? Thanks in advance!

    .thomas