[PD] compilation question

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jul 1 08:24:45 CEST 2004

Peter Plessas wrote:
> Hi!
> i am sitting here with pd 0.37 sources on debian/ppc, and try to run
> ./configure --enable-alsa --enable-jack
> the problem is i don't see the line:
> alsa is....yes/no
> no lines about alsa at all, so no messages about alsa being detected or
> not.

this is very komisch, since when i tried it yesterday on *your*
debian/ppc and did a simple "./configure" it showed me lines of alsa and
jack, just as it should.

you shouldn't need the "--enable-alsa" and "--enable-jack" flags, since
pd's configure tries to detect whether they are installed (even without
--enable*) and behaves accordingly. the only reason i see is to
"--disable-*" for unwanted features (because your target machine has no
alsa/jack/whatever)

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes