[PD] audio glitch/pause while redrawing array

pix pix at test.at
Mon Jul 5 17:37:02 CEST 2004

yeah i had a hint that this was the problem when this problem seemed to
appear many versions ago. theoretically you need to look at every point
to accurately draw an array. imagine a 44100 point array with a single
impulse being rendered as 100 pixels wide... with the most basic
downsampling, the impulse would only show up if it was in one ofthe
441 locations that actually get rendered.

possibly a workaround is to have a phasor running a tabread over your
longer sample and playing it into a smaller sample. then you can choose
how much smoothing to do (atleast, by choosing tabread4, tabread, or one
of the many options in xsample).

pix.