[PD] String editing

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jul 8 01:55:05 CEST 2004

On Jun 29, 2004, at 4:50 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Thomas Sivertsen hat gesagt: // Thomas Sivertsen wrote:
>> Ah, yes. I get this. The weird thing is happening in [prepend] then,
>> because it does not handle the symbol as an identifier for the data,
>> but
>> as part of the data. Now, which version/incantation of [prepend], you
>> may ask?
>
> The prepend from Cyclone does not do this. Maybe you are using the one
> from IEMlib? Or the one in Ggee or prepend2 or ... We have to agree on
> one and only one prepend sooner than later. Please someone make
> Cyclone's prepend a built-in object. ;)

I think it makes the most sense to leave [prepend] out of the CVS
externals collection, and just have it as part of cyclone.  For the
Windows and MacOS X installers, that would mean that cyclone's
[prepend] would be the default since cyclone is included in both.  For
Debian, you would have to install pd-cyclone to get [prepend].

FYI cxc's [prepend] is included in the CVS externals collection as
[cxc.prepend].

____

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.
								-David Zicarelli