[PD] Buffer Type Question

pix pix at test.at
Thu Jul 22 10:31:18 CEST 2004

it sounds like you are trying to use an array to implement delay. use
[delwrite~] and [delread~] to create a delay line that allows you to
hear audio from the recent past.

possibly your experience of the chunky writing of tabwrite~ is because
the bang message that you send it to start recording will be sent at
message rate.  normally 1 message gets processed for every audio block,
which is 64samples long by default. so your bang message gets quantized
to the next 64sample slot.

delwrite~ implements a real circular buffer of audio which is always
being written, so you don't have the problem with getting your bangs in
the right place.

pix.