[PD] fullscreen 1

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Fri Jul 30 23:01:04 CEST 2004

Which version of GEM are you running?

What version of OSX?

What is your hardware?

The latest release, 0.90, does support 'fullscreen' on OSX.  The reason
I put quotes around the term is that it's not really a true fullscreen
mode, since we had to work around some issues under 10.3 and Exposé.
In order to do this, an accelerated window is placed on top of whatever
screen you choose (starting with the menu bar screen as 1), but the
entire display is not taken over.  GEM also won't resize a display upon
entering fullscreen, so try changing the monitor to something small
like 640x480 to start.

Cyrille's suggestion of manually placing the window is really no
different from what 'fullscreen $1' does behind the scenes.  GEM
detects the monitor size and location and makes a window that exactly
covers those dimensions.  Nothing terribly fancy or complex.

cgc