[PD] Status and usability of vst~

stotz oliver at klingt.org
Wed Aug 4 17:43:48 CEST 2004

well, that's an issue i also can't quite understand. because i think vst-plugin
support is a much-asked feature of any audio application.

plus, there's actually a working "vst~.dll" i got one year ago from thomas
grill. he's now working on it but still hasn't officially published a compiled
.dll, you can only cvs and compile it yourself...

thomas, why is this still so ? the vst~.dll works perfect and never crashed
(some GUI windows didn't show, though...), so i guess that nobody would be
offended by a downloadable beta .dll that works this good. even if it's not
working 100%, still its a damn good start and would make many newbie users of
PD happy. why keeping it secret ? are there any copyright reasons ?

ciao

oliver