[PD] streamin~ for windows (bug)

smoerk smoerk at gmx.de
Fri Aug 6 11:52:13 CEST 2004

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> smoerk hat gesagt: // smoerk wrote:
>

>>of course nobody is using them, because they don't work on windows and
>>on unix it only supports one channel. ;-)
>>
>>i still think it would be the best solution to make a Pd external from
>>jack.udp ( http://www.alphalink.com.au/~rd/ ), but i only can suggest
>>it, as i don't have the time to teach myself C :-).
>

> Well, this won't work on Windows, either, because of lack of jack.
> Besides: there already are some jack~ externals by Kjetil.

I'm not talking about jack support for Pd. jack.udp is a jack client
that can send or receive audio stream over udp from another jack.udp client.

I suggest to use the same protocol for streamin~/out~, because you don't
have to invent another multichannel transport protocol and (for example)
Pd on Windows could send/receive audio streams from/to a jack on another
machine.