[PD] Re: [GEM-dev] Gem: the nVidia bug with pix_film

Etienne Desautels titi at sat.qc.ca
Sat Aug 7 03:51:31 CEST 2004

Thanks for your answer. I did more tests with RGB and non-rectangle
textures. Here are my findings:

For the RGB, it works but as we all know, that hit the performance a
lot.

For the non-rectangle texture, when I set pix_texture to non-rectangle,
the video appears OK but the playback is jerky (1 frame/sec). I had the
same problem when trying the last version of gem4mac, the default
should be non-rectangle.

But I found a way to go around the bug: I set the pix_texture to
non-rectangle just before I load the clip and after a small delay (the
time it take to load the clip) I switch the pix_texture back to a
rectangle texture and all is well!

I'm not sure if pix_movie works with non-rectangle texture because the
bug of the jerky playback is not there. But anyway...

Etienne