[PD] Re: reports about vst~

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Sun Aug 8 18:50:30 CEST 2004

Hi Jerome,

> The idea to put -lib vst~ before -lib cyclone is a little bit strange. How
> should I know that ? Is it show somewhere ? a place where I've not been.

the reason for this is that cyclone defines its own vst~ object (because it
wants to provide all possible Max/MSP objects, although it's just a dummy,
non-functioning thing then).
By loading the vst~ before cyclone you can be sure that cyclone's dummy
object doesn't get loaded before the "real" vst~.
Btw., on the list there are discussions going on about how to solve this
name-clash problem for PD in a generic manner.

best greetings,
Thomas