[PD] pdp: deinterlacing tv-card input for screenshots

Tom Schouten doelie at zzz.kotnet.org
Wed Aug 11 17:06:50 CEST 2004

hi frank,

> I'm going to have to take some high quality screenshots of
> Playstation2 etc. games for a print magazine. The Windows users
> recommended the DScaler software for this (http://www.dscaler.org) but
> as I don't run Windows I thought, well, pdp/pidip should be able to do
> this as well, shouldn't it? If not, DScaler is GPL-software, so it
> might be possible to write PDP externals, wouldn't it?

there's no de-interlace atm. i've added it to my TODO list again.

for scaling you can use pdp_scale, but doing this on an interlaced image
might not do what you want though. the scaler is a simple bilinear
interpolation.

> I'm actually just learning pdp. I only have a RF-input in my tv-card,
> no S-Video, would this be sufficient for getting enough quality?

if you got a decent card and cable, RF is quite ok, but S-Video is better
of course.

cheers

tom