[PD] Show your Pant...*cough* Patches - ( was Re: [PD-announce] pool 0.2.0 - a hierarchical storage object)

aym3ric stm-sq at bleu255.com
Thu Aug 12 02:00:16 CEST 2004

> because people don't want to spend the time supporting them?

i'm too lazy for a long answer.
the short answer would be that everyone has its own motivation but it
would be possible (would take a long time though) to list all the
stereotyped behaviours from the psycho developer and his 100% pure geek
patches that would not obviously mean a lot to be shared, to the
"normal" user too shy to post/announce anything on the main list but has
his "secret pd life" somewhere on a some sites/forums (and we should not
forget to mention the patcher who will never release his absolute holy
grail killing tool he's working on for 4 years now ... good luck buddy
you will succeed ... eventually)

Now the good question would be, what if there would be a way to close
the content of a patch ? would there be more performance patches shared
? well ... i'm afraid yes.

There are simply people who just don't want to share their work,
researches, tools ... though they may just copy paste from what a few
others are ok to share.
It's been like this for ages, it's like this for a lot of creation
fields.

Sure it's disappointing, but well ... can't help i guess and it will not
avoid me to sleep tonight.

> what are yall's thoughts on it?

hip hop and you don't stop.

Frank (aka DJ Frank "Funky Town" Barknecht) and I are working on a
pd/Gem flyer that will announce shortly a friendly pd demo online
contest that will last from mid august till end of september. More infos
soon.

I think it will be a good benchmark for the pd patcher community, how
much patches will we receive ? 2 ? 1000 ?