[PD] Re: [PD-announce] pool 0.2.0 - a hierarchical storage object

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Thu Aug 12 07:17:58 CEST 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> will or does handle this, too.) For example I have a adsr patch, which
> could be used stand-alone, but can also be used inside other rradical
> patches with full state saving and OSC control.  I do this for example
> in rrad.fm2~.pd
>
> This is an important advantage over the preset in Max or [state] in
> GGEE.

You can do this easily with state using $ arguments for your abstractions.
The naming for each state file is name.state where "name" and "state" can
be chosen freely.

You can even generate all your envelopes with just one envelope
abstraction and later handle the setting on a file system level by
copying them around , duplicating, renaming and reusing in other
abstraction instances.

Guenter