[PD] pydyn

vincent Rioux vincent.rioux at no-log.org
Thu Aug 12 17:27:17 CEST 2004

With the latest versions of flext, dyn~ and py/pyext with Pd from cvs on Linux,
It is now possible to dynamically create and connect (from a Python script
via ethernet for e.g. :-) complex Pd objects which may contains py/pyext
objects...
This sounds to me like a beautiful step toward the integration of a simply
powerfull OO scripting-language and a real-time system.
many thanks to Thomas Grill (among many others of course) for making it
possible.

some details:
- It would be nice if the official Pd release could integrate the needed
modifications for this combination to work. afaik the latest pd release
still produces "stack overflow" errors when using py/pyext and crashes when
trying to use dyn for the creation of py/pyext objects. Might be useful for
windows users who do not necessarily want to handle all the compilation
work for example.
- I noticed that when using "pd -jack" the ouput of py/pyext objects is
very much slowed down (while pd -alsa is working like a charm).

sincere greetings to the puredata community,
vincent