[PD] trigger / pak

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Aug 19 12:02:18 CEST 2004

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> And, as we know, because Pd users are real men, they can put up with the
> reduced readability, and they don't complain. [pak] is for sissies.

i have to object to being called either "sissy" or "real man". my gender
is not an issue to this list.

> Sorry, but readability is for *real*, no matter how intangible it is. I

as for readability, you are surely right.
that is why i use [trigger]s everywhere (even if message-subtrees are
"asynchronous"), this is why there is a [nop~] object, --- my, am i cool
  -- and this why i really have considered including a [pak] object
"like i understood it at the first glance": like an upside-down trigger
(e.g. several inlets that immediately are output to one outlet (not
forming a list; just multiplexing the messages))

but thank you for pointing this out and please accept my apologies for
my improper way of writing.

mfg.adsr
IOhannes