[PD] bug(?): send/receive problem with gui elements

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Aug 22 22:15:22 CEST 2004

>>Okay, this is another problem, which wasn't clear from what you wrote
>>in the first mail. "sync-waende-vertikal-send" is not what the toggle
>>receives, it's what it sends. So the problem is a mysterious 1 that
>>gets send, and it seems to get send by the toggle, as that's the only

> Forget what I wrote, I'm an idiot. *Of course* something gets sent,
> because it has to, when the tgl is clicked! Duh, brain mashed.

so what is wrong with a toggle sending things ?
even though tim does not want to hear an explanation of toggle, i will
give one here (just to clearify things)

if you send a float ("1") to a toggle via it's inlet, it will set it's
state and send out the float to the outlet + to the send-label
if you send "set 1" to a toggle, it will set its state and stop.

if you send a float to a toggle via a *receive*, it will set it's state
and send out the float (to the outlet AND) to the send-label.

there is one (1) exception: if the send-label equals the receive-label
the output is supressed (to avoid loops)

a "1" *is* sent to the "mitte"-button (as explained in the other mail),
and it reacts accordingly.

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes