[PD] Pd 0.37.4 app test release for MacOS X

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 23 09:33:12 CEST 2004

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, 0001 wrote:
> >  It's also important to print the error messages, so that Tcl can
> > tell you that the error is actually "bleh.tcl not found" instead of "an
> > error occurred..." or just "Segmentation Fault"....
> well, actually the only way Tcl has to tell me there is any error is
> happily crashing  the wish shell.
> I'd love to be enlightened about how to avoid this.
> in fact I think it used to pop up messages before

Impd (CVS) has code for printing verbose error messages. I don't recall
whether that's in the A2 release. Here's the code:

void tcl_mess(char *s)
{
    int result;
    result = Tcl_Eval(tk_myinterp,  s);
    if (result != TCL_OK)
    {
        if (*tk_myinterp->result) {
                Tcl_Eval(tk_myinterp, "global errorInfo; "
		"puts stderr \"Tcl Error: $errorInfo\"");
        }
    }
}

And something similar for pdgui_doevalfile...

(Note that t_tkcmd.c is bound to disappear from IMPD at some point...)