[PD] Problems running PD/GEM in Win XP Professional

type_non type_non at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 18:55:24 CEST 2004

i have standalone and common codecs: indeo, rle, mpeg... they appear in the video codecs in the control pannel, but they don't appear on Premiere. And as i said, i suspect that playing DivX in PD crashes because it doesn't find the codec (although it's installed). Homer.avi plays just fine, fos instance...

The strange thing is that i've done the same exact software instalation as i did for XP Home, but in Professional i'm having an hard time to make things work...

Aymeric <stm-sq at bleu255.com> wrote:
which codecs have you install ? "standalone" codecs or ffdshow ?
are you sure your graphic card driver is up to date ?
did you try to load a movie with "common" codec (indeo, rle..) or even a
short uncompressed movie ?
you should really update to the last version of pd/Gem even if right
now it doesn't help you.

+!
aym3ric.