[PD] pdp 0.13 update [test report]

Tom Schouten doelie at zzz.kotnet.org
Fri Aug 27 15:31:24 CEST 2004

> > maybe try 'ldconfig' after the './configure && make && make install' in
> > libtile, before you compile pdp plugins.
> >
> > please let me know if this fixes the problem, then i will add it
> > automaticly.
> >

> Yes it fix the problem.

thanks.

> Now when I start pd the output is (I imagine) the correct one:
>
> PDP: pure data packet
> PDP: version 0.13.0 (pf)
> PF: modules loaded
> PF: opengl modules loaded

this is indeed how it should be

> but
> because I am a fan of pidip I have rebuilded and reinstalled pidip
> and when I use a pidip obyect returns the same message of error:
>
> error converting image/P411/16/320/240/3 (213) to image/P411/16/*/*/1
> <runtime>: e_inval: can't create image/P411/16/320/240/1

> Since I have not listened something on this argument in list,
> perhaps I have mistaken to configure pidip, I will try with more attention.

not your fault, i should have mentioned this in the release email
(this info is hidden in libpdp/README in the pdp package)

to compile pidip, you currently need some trick:

if you compile pdp with --enable-pf, (this replaces some parts of pdp
0.12.x with stuff from libpdp/pf) pidip will only work if you change
the pdp path in pidip's configure.ac

from: <blabla-src>/pdp
to    <blabla-src>/pdp/libpdp

appending 'libpdp' directs pidip to the 0.12.x api adaptor, and not
the new 0.13.x api which is libpdp/pf, and incompatible with pidip 0.12.x